Monday, November 5, 2018

Adventures Throughout the Tri-State Area, 11/04/2018 Part 2 - Ohio and West Virginia

This is a continuation of the last post, if you couldn't tell from the title.

Before we move onto the Ohio and West Virginia portion of the story, here is the bus we happened upon at the church in Kentucky that I did not have photos of before - a 1999 Blue Bird Freightliner FS-65 from Chesapeake Union Exempted Village Schools, thier old bus 9. I'd had my eye on this bus for a while and was waiting until the right moment to ask about it, but I guess it was too late. As I told the pastor, I'm glad it's in good hands that will take care of it. I also told him that I'll be contacting the church soon with my contact information because I'd definitely be interested in buying it.


Now, for the intended part of the story.

We left Kentucky in our rear view mirrors and set our eyes on Ceredo, West Virginia. My friend wanted to get some train pictures down there, and I was happy to come along. On our way, we saw Wayne County Schools bus 2721 parked in Kenova, a Thomas C2 that looked to be about a 2009 model or so. We grabbed our pictures and went up to Ceredo. Ironically, I probably got my best shots of the day here with a Kanawha River Terminals locomotive coming in as we were there. I hadn't planned on getting train photos that day either.


After we finished up there, we went back down the road towards Ceredo Elementary only expecing to find a Thomas HDX, but we were greeted with two IC RE's as well, one with very unique spec's. This was Wayne County Schools 13-79, a 2014 or 2015 IC RE with a mid-ship wheelchair lift. Being from West Virginia, I've always appreciated and studied West Virginia spec's, but never had I ever seen a rear engine WV bus with a wheelchair lift, let alone a WV bus with a wheelchair lift anywhere else on the bus except the rear. I guess it was becuase this bus was an RE, but it also only had room to fit one wheelchair, judging by what we could see through the windows.

Since we had our fun here, we went a little farther down the road and got some pictures of some more Wayne County buses, two 2018 or 2019 model IC CE's and a IC RE.



Our stomachs were starting to get to us, it had been about 4 hours since we initially met up at this point and we had very little food in this time frame. We decided it would be best to take a trip to Sheetz, as it has started to become our tradition for when he comes into town. After this, we decided to head to South Point, Ohio and see their unique fleet of buses. We saw a Blue Bird Mini Bird on the way, but also faced so many detours and road closures that it was dark by the time we got around everything. So we said goodbye, wished each other safe travels, and parted ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment